Friday, October 8, 2010

My Favorite Monsters Volume 1

Since it is that time of year, I decided to have a little fun while I am writing, going to school, and working.  I’m going to feature my favorite literary monsters. 
I’m starting it off with Frankenstein’s Monster.  He has had so many incarnations it’s scary (ha ha I made a joke). In most he is seen as a monster without a conscience. To me he is one of the most misunderstood and tragic literary figures.
The Monster is abandoned by his creator as soon as life enters his body.  He is left to wonder the world in complete ignorance.  He is isolated and miserable.  The few times he reaches out he is ridiculed and punished.  When he meets his creator again he asks for one thing, a companion.  Even this one request is denied.  In the end he is even denied one of the most basic dignities.  A name.

No comments:

Post a Comment